Thursday, December 30, 2010

Bharat ratna

Respected sir,
Sorry to trouble you again. Sir recently there has been demand for awarding Bharat ratna to Sachin Tendulkar for his undisputed dominance over cricket records. Right from lay men like me to high profile politicians, everyone is demanding it. Some are genuine appreciation others seem to cash politically on his popularity. I am also great fan of Sachin's batting. It prompted me to gather knowledge about bharat ratna.

As far as I came to know, it is given for exceptional contribution in fields of art, science, culture and public service. I think people demanding Bharat Ratna for him are unaware about the criteria. Cricket marginally comes into ambit of art, but giving Bharat Ratna to him will be injustice to thousands of people excelling in the 4 fields mentioned and well deserving it.

Also sir when I went through the list of Bharat Ratna recipients, few names surprised me. Some people well deserving it were given too late, and some got it without "exceptional" qualification. Sir i expect that you are intelligent enough to figure out the people I am talking about. Sir, please include M.K.Gandhi's name in that list as soon as possible (reason given for not including him is "not given posthumously", but later on it has been given). Nobel committee didn't do justice with him fearing british government, but how can list of bharat ratna be complete without his name? Sir please look in to this without any delay.

Sir, some names were there with qualification of being PM of India. I want to attract your attention towards one former PM of India who is counting his last days. He has devoted his whole life in politics and public service. He has been one of the most popular PM and eminent parliamentarian. I know it will be apolitical for your party if he gets it. He will definitely get it whenever his party will come in to power, sooner or later. But it would be better if he receives it by his own hands.

Sir, please try to ensure justice with talents of unsung deserving Indians by awarding them civilian awards not just limiting it to highly celebrated heroes. There are many doctors, engineers, scientists, academicians, diplomats, economists, bureaucrats who have made India proud in global scenario. Test cricket is played by just 9 countries, you can not call champion of cricket as world champion. Also achievements in cricket contribute nothing to country except entertainment and (?) income tax. I don't disrespect his achievements but let him be awarded with sports awards not civilian awards.

Sir again I don't dare to make this letter public, as Indians are very sentimental. They might criticize me severely for my opposition to the very emotional demand. SO I will convey my feelings to you later in person.

With Warm Regards
AAM AADAMI.

No comments: